Help - Wiring an aftermarket headunit

joelx21
10+ year member

So Cal
I'm attempting my first install and as a newbie, I've ran into a few snags.

I’m driving (4) 6.5s off a 4 channel amp.

My question is:
Since I’m driving my (4) 6.5s off the 4 channel amp, should I have any wires running from the back of the head unit (wiring harness) to the amplifier or speakers? In other words, should it just be RCA cables conected from the headunit to the ampolifier and the speakers connected directly to the amplifier?

The reason I'm asking is because I pulled out the headunit and I have about 20 years worth of cables/wires that have seen 4 different installantions. It seems that the installers left the old cables/wires and I'm now wondering which cables are needed and which are not.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. The dsp is an afterthought. I haven't installed anything yet but I put a budget system together. I already...
In a case like In a case like yours I would rather recommend tactile transducers. They are like woofers without the cone section that are...
Your image doesn't really show anything. That could be 3 different head units for all we know, but I think it's 2 different add-ons. It sounds...
Try again on the attachments/pictures. They didn't load. Not exactly sure on the wiring, but you can buy an adapter harness that goes from your...

About this thread

joelx21

10+ year member
joelx21
So Cal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from