Help with custom 15" Alpine Box

mweavw27@yahoo

ohio
Noob here LOL. I am trying to build a custom sub box to fit in my Jeep. I want it to have a square port, The total box size is supposed to be 18" high X 16" deep X 28" long. My 15" Alpine Type R 1542 is going to be installed into it. I would like the box and sub to be tuned at 34HZ. I followed these directions

to get some of the info I needed from WIN ISD. Some of the measurements didn't seem to correspond with the suggested ported box size from the 1542 Alpine users manual and really had me confused. The users manual suggests 2.9ft3 for the box size and only 1.5 for the port opening (Alpine Manual shown in pic). Seems very small. Other forums suggested up to 4.0ft3 for the box.View attachment 26553245View attachment 26553244View attachment 26553247View attachment 26553246View attachment 26553248 In the pictures are the WIN ISD results from me following the youtube video. The WIN ISD results also show my sub peaking at 42HZ when I want it at 34HZ. Plus the air velocity seems high. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.