TwistedMovistar
10+ year member

I'm So Konfuzed
i have a 2003 mustang coupe with no mach options. here is what i want:

*2 12's

*500-600 watts a peice

*sealed boxes with about 1 cu. ft. a peice

*no more than 300 for a pair

i listen to rap so i want bass about 60spl/40sq (in other words a well rounded driver)

the amp i am thinking about are between the

*jbl 1200.1

*hifonics 1000.1

*tunsami 1100.1

help me out i know you can

Aim: Twistedmovistar

go with the JBL. the hifonics will give u 500 watts a peice so u dont want that. plus, u didnt say what impedance ur subs are, so u need to know the ohm load u will be wiring ur subs to. But the JBL is stable at 1 ohm and will put out 600 watts at 1 and 2 ohms so ur good either way.

go with the JBL. the hifonics will give u 500 watts a peice so u dont want that. plus, u didnt say what impedance ur subs are, so u need to know the ohm load u will be wiring ur subs to. But the JBL is stable at 1 ohm and will put out 600 watts at 1 and 2 ohms so ur good either way.
He doesnt have any subs yet...

Just my opinions...

Amp:

Mmats 500.1 (alot more than 500 true watts) or

RF bd1000

Subs:

Image Dynamics IDMax

ok a little more searching i want you to rank these to what fit the description

*RF Hx2's

*RE SE's

*Phoenix Gold Ti's

*Ed K12's

*Diamond Cm3

all are meant to be 12's in sealed boxes with 1 cu. ft and 500-600 watts

thanks in advance

Just going to throw in my opinion...

In the $300 range for 2 12"s there really isn't a lot of great subs. I'd say many $200-$250ish systems will give you around the same sound, but if you were willing to spend $400 or so, THEN there's going to be some good subs. When I was looking for a sub of my own, I listened to quite a few different setups (in my car), and, naturally, the more expensive ones (around $400 for 2) sounded better. But there wasn't a lot of difference between anything I listened to in the $200-$300 range. I walked away with a single Alpine 12" over many other combos of two subs. Unless you want to have two for looks, or to eat trunk space, I'd look at getting a single higher-end sub. I know I'm going to get some disagreement here, but like I said, this is just my opinion.

Just going to throw in my opinion...In the $300 range for 2 12"s there really isn't a lot of great subs. I'd say many $200-$250ish systems will give you around the same sound, but if you were willing to spend $400 or so, THEN there's going to be some good subs. When I was looking for a sub of my own, I listened to quite a few different setups (in my car), and, naturally, the more expensive ones (around $400 for 2) sounded better. But there wasn't a lot of difference between anything I listened to in the $200-$300 range. I walked away with a single Alpine 12" over many other combos of two subs. Unless you want to have two for looks, or to eat trunk space, I'd look at getting a single higher-end sub. I know I'm going to get some disagreement here, but like I said, this is just my opinion.
SE's only cost around 350 shipped. I got quoted 320 shipped for em when i was gona get em a long time ago.

i just got mine CM3 yesterday. i'm giving it only 300-400 watts, and it calls for about 500. it sounds very **** nice. i have mine sealed, and you should port it if you want even more sound. definitely an SQ sub, but it does get pretty loud too. and two of them? that would be sweeeet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I love my SE's, but of course they are the xxx versions so its lacking a little on the regular SE's SQ but has more SPL.

thanks for the info. i am now thinking of saving about 350 dollars and putting it on a sub that is better balanced and will take 1000w.

*what are the downsides of having all 1000w to one speaker vs 1000w shared by two speakers?

*what is a good well balanced 1000w vub for 350?

(once again it needs to be sealed 1.25 -1.35 cu. ft max)

I own 2 Diamond Audio CM3's they are in a shared sealed box with a total of 2 cubic ft. giving each 1 cub. obviously :p. It sounds awesome. GREAT spl and awesome sq. Im running a fosgate 800a2 running at 954 rms. Its a great combo. Plus you can get 2 CM3's of ebay for right around 200 dollars. They are VERY well built subs dont let the price fool you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.