Hertz Advice - MPX690 vs. HCX690

SCARTAIT

I'm building my very first system and trying to decide between the Hertz MPX690 or HCX690.

From a sound and performance standpoint what are your thoughts? Secondarily, it appears I can acquire the HCX for approximately $400 and the MPX for $565 from a US distributor. From a value perspective do you believe the MPX is worth the extra cost?

As a side note I found a certified international distributor for the MPX at $300 but not sure I would take the risk.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you have. Thanks so very much!

I'm building my very first system and trying to decide between the Hertz MPX690 or HCX690.
From a sound and performance standpoint what are your thoughts? Secondarily, it appears I can acquire the HCX for approximately $400 and the MPX for $565 from a US distributor. From a value perspective do you believe the MPX is worth the extra cost?

As a side note I found a certified international distributor for the MPX at $300 but not sure I would take the risk.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you have. Thanks so very much!
How set are you in 6x9s? I have a pair of hv165ls(6.5) and ht25s(tweet) for sale around that price.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I'm leaning towards either the MLK 165 or the HSK165XL for the 6.5.
The hsk xl is only a touch above the hv165l. From what ive heard the hv165l has the better midrange but the hv165xl has the better midbass. Though the xl has a superior tweeter. All for double the price though.

I don't remember the XLs costing that much. I think it was around $650 raw for the set. It was a few years ago
Yea your right. Its $250 more for the xl set. If you buy them somewhere with sales tax though and its adds a bit. No sales tax in oregon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.