HIFONICS BXi-1210D vs ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH P500-2

I had a JL w6v2 hooked up to a RF 500.2 and then I got a Hifonics 1210D thinking it would be better, my RF 500.2 had my w6 beatin harder then the 1210D, so stay with the RF.
I hate to be the jerk here, but I am going to. Since most people justify their purchase of another amplifier based on psychoacoustics, I would like to know what scientific methods were utilized to come to your conclusion that a 500.2 had your w6 "beatin harder" than the 1210d.

You happen to have a before/after dB figure? How about before/after RTA analysis? Did you provide a blind A/B test where you could swap amplifiers on the fly? I'd be willing to bet your answer is "no" to all of these.

I just want to know what, besides your ear, made you come to the conclusion that your RF was "beatin harder" than the Hifonics.

I am curious as to how you wired your w6v2 to the Punch amp though? IIRC the Punch 500-2 is only 4 ohms stable bridged and your choices with a w6v2 would either be 2 ohms or 8 ohms.

It was wired 2ohm, and it did just fine, if i didn't beat to long. It would heat up real quick, and that's why I got the Hifonics amp. When I hooked that amp up there was a noticeable difference.

They are both good amplifiers, just need to be suited for the proper subwoofers and proper wiring schematic.What are you running with the amplifier? Why only between these two choices?
Right now I have 3 kicker compVR's 12's but im thinking about getting 2 L5s. These are just the two I was looking at but Im all for suggestions Im just trying to get the best for my money.

Well, if you want more power at 1 ohm, the Hifonics would be the way to go. If you want less power at 4 ohms, the Rockford Fosgate would be the way to go. In a perfect world, the Hifonics BXi 1210d should be close to double the power of the 500-2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.