high pass frequency question.

linksyz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok ive just installed focal 165w and orion 4002. it sounds nice but focal's frequency response is 50Hz to 22kHz and my amps high and low frequency responses are from 20Hz to 3kHz. is it true that I won't have much use of my tweeters because amp's frequency response? i have alpine cda-9835 headunit if that helps any.

in the owner's manual it says this:

low pass crossover: continuously variable 2nd order (12dB/octave)

low pass crossover frequency range: 20Hz to 3kHz

high pass filter: same as lpc

high pass frequency: 20Hz to 3kHz

Exactly, set it to high pass, and set it to around 60hz or whereever your utopias go down to, its just a crossover, it will cut out the frequencies below it.

Exactly, set it to high pass, and set it to around 60hz or whereever your utopias go down to, its just a crossover, it will cut out the frequencies below it.

thanks man, i got it all set //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.