High Pitch Buzzing Noise From Car Speakers After New Head Unit

Jsc421

First off, let me apologize if someone else has posted about this same problem. I have researched around on the internet a lot about it and couldn't find exactly what the problem is. I have a 2003 Nissan Altima SE 3.5 with stock Bose Sound System. I recently upgraded the head unit to a Pioneers FHX700BT and installed it myself with all of the parts that I needed. I bought it all from a local car audio dealer who does great work, just wanted to save money by installing it myself. So I installed it and everything worked. My volume goes up to 62, whenever it is below 25 I hear a high pitch buzzing noise. When the volume is at 0 then there is no sound at all. When the volume is above 25 the music usually overpowers it but it is still there, I can sometimes hear it in quiet parts of songs. It is constant and doesnt not change with the volume on the stereo. I contacted the guy I bought it from and he gave me 2 RCA filters to try. So I hooked them up, only slightly helped the issue. By the way, it only comes out of my door speakers and tweeters. I turned my car on after hooking it up with the RCA filters with my stereo not screwed it, I noticed when I pulled the stereo away from the slot, the sound went away, when I put it back it, I heard the noise again. So it must be something with some of the wires being close metal or other wires. Note, this didn't happen with the stock head unit. The guy said if the filters didn't work then he doesn't know whats wrong. Im not sure, I don't know a lot about electrical or cars. If anyone could help or explain in detail that would be great and I would very much appreciate it since I already dropped about $240. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: The noise has gotten quieter but it is still there. Can hear it at volume level 15 and below. From what I've researched it's something with wires being to close to eachother or something with the ground. Not exactly sure.

How do I turn gain down on my amp?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

They are like right next to eachother.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Alright I might give that a shot, thanks.

A few off subject questions. The dash light dimmer doesn't work when you replace the stereo does it? I wouldn't think so but just wondering. And replacing my stereo wouldn't have to do anything with the glove box light would it? Would it be possible I may have hit a wire or something? It might just be burnt out and I didn't notice. Thanks.

check your fuses for the glovebox light, some new headunits have brightness control in the headunit settings, but no.. my headunit doesn't dim with the dash lights dimmer

did it work befor? did you hook up the illumination wire on the headunit? (when you turn your headlights on the lights on the headunit dim a little bit) does your dimmer adjust the dash light still?

Doesnt even dim the dash now. It worked before, it dimmed the lights on the speedometer and stock head unit. Now it just is lit up and the dial doesn't do anything when you spin it. Note, I didn't hook up the steering wheel controls. It's not a huge deal, I always kept the lights as high as they could go I was just wondering. What color wire is the illumination wire?

And as for the glove back light, there was no fuse. I believe it's burnt out. I'm going to go buy one tomorrow, hopefully O'Reillys or Autozone sells them.

the illumination wire is usually orange with a white stripe, if you have this connected from your harness to your HU - Disconnect it, you do not need that hooked up and it could be causing issues with your dimmer switch...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.