How can i put 8 subwoofers in my van?

RandyShaw
10+ year member

I have a Huge Family van and i dont have a family. I want to put 8 tens under the bed in the back but i dont know how that would bie wired up with 4 ohm speakers and only one amp. Could anyone go farther into this for me?

Can i get sub with that high Ohms to only need one amp?

Yes, you could simply take 4 subs and make a 1 ohm load by wiring them in parallel. Do the same with the other 4 subs. Then series the two groups to present a 2 ohm load. That should work fine for almost any decent mono amp. Depending on your amp, you might have to rework this idea. If you had a given amp as an example, it would be easier for us to give you more detailed info.

Yes, you could simply take 4 subs and make a 1 ohm load by wiring them in parallel. Do the same with the other 4 subs. Then series the two groups to present a 2 ohm load. That should work fine for almost any decent mono amp. Depending on your amp, you might have to rework this idea. If you had a given amp as an example, it would be easier for us to give you more detailed info.
Max power 1 ohm: 5000 Watts x 1-Channel

Max power 2 ohm: 3500 Watts x 1-Channel

RMS power 2 ohm: 3000 Watts x 1-Channel

RMS power 4 ohm: 2200 Watts x 1-Channel

The subs i will run at most 300w a peice rms

Here are the specs for the mono block.

I have never wired series/parallel.

buy 8 subs, open van door. sit them inside. close van door.

done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

No way that amp will do 4000 unless it gets struck by lightning..look into the mentioned crunch, or search through the classifieds here

look for a different amp.
if your on a budget, i would look at the Crunch 3000 GP
If you saying im on a budget why would you sugges a more expensive amp?

What would the wiring diagram look like for wiring 8 300w rms dvc 4 ohm subs to a mono block amp look like?

If you saying im on a budget why would you sugges a more expensive amp?
What would the wiring diagram look like for wiring 8 300w rms dvc 4 ohm subs to a mono block amp look like?
because your other amp is a piece of ****

but go ahead, get that amp you wanted. tell me how it works out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.