How do I choose my ported dimensions

1.80cuft per sub or per chamber for those subs, or a shared 3.60cuft chamber, with a low tuning to increase low end. i'd say 32hz because of the 27hz -3db slope

but just take it as my opinion, others may have a different opinion than me.

Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12 Punch P2 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com

I want to put these in the absolute perfect box, I want the deep quality pound that you'd expect out of a quality ported enclosure..

it says ported box volume: 1.79 cubic feet for the subs above, I am getting 2 of them.. Id prefer to build a custom box so dimensions are welcome.

ty
If you want quality sound, you might want to start off getting some quality subs instead of junk RF subs.

If you're stuck with the subs, you may want to hit up a couple of the box designers on this site to design you a box, but its not going to be free. You're most likely not gonna get a free design.

Im looking at soundstream t6 - Product Details

I have a ported enclosure with 2.70 cubic feet volume.. The above speakers are recommended to be put in an enclosure with 2.50 cubic feet volume.. What do you guys think? New box or will I be okay with the one I got?

Furthermore, What amp (wattage/class) should I put behind 2 of the above mentioned subwoofers??

Again, thank you very much guys!

There is more to a ported enclosure then just net ft3. Port area and tuning play a large roll in how it will sound, as will the overall construction. Unlike a sealed box that simply just needs to be sealed the ported enclosure relies on the net volume, port, and all the physical aspects of the port for it to work correctly.

What you need to do in order for some one to say yes/no on the enclosure is to post up the outside dimensions and the thickness of the wood. Also the height and width of the port along with the length of the port. All of that should be enough information for us to tell you the exact net ft3 and tuning and if it should or should not work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.