how do you bridge a mono amp

Yeah, you don't. Sounddomain has bridged power listed for their mono amps but it is just because they needed a place to put the power rating for a different impedance and were too lazy to rewrite their amp listing template to accomodate the mono amps.

Some mono amps can be "strapped" where you sum the output of both amps to a single load. This works the same way electrically as bridging but since it requires the inversion of the signal on one of the amps, not all mono amps can do this.

and if you notice on the BX line of amps...

there are two speakers outputs..

+ + - -

whereas most amps with two CHANNELs are like this

+ - + -

That is because in the hifonics, they just give you two "outputs", but it's just the same as

+ -

Because they just join together anyhow. It's a convenience thing, that has confused many a BBY installers... (what? yes it's two channel, but wait, it says mono, wtf?).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.