How is Memphis car audio?...

Awesome amps in my opinion. Not suggested enough. Maybe it's because you can rarely find them online, I don't know. Either that or people just don't know about them.

The EQ's and the rest of the signal processors are all pretty cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As for the subs, I've played with the Power Reference, HPO, and SHP series. Can offer opinions and reviews if there is interest.

Overall, I guess you could call Memphis a company who is left out on this board a lot.

- Steve //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sounds good so far.

how does there stuff rate in quality?

and what are they really known for, if anything. some of there lower line stuff looks good to (spec wise).

anything you can tell me would be appreciated, since you seem to know about them (and you are right, no one really talks about them on the boards).

Hey ss id really like to hear some of ur reviews on these subs....good and bad of each....
I'll get on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT ~

I felt the 300 RMS figure on the HPO's to be a little underrated ... I fed them a full 600 RMS and they sounded much better to me. A plus is only wieghing in at about 20lbs each for the 15". Don't need that big of a ported box to get loud, either ... 2-3.5 cubes. Sound quality was ok, more a 'street-bass' woofer I guess you could call it. I mean the SQ wasn't so horrible that it couldn't be used as a daily driver, but it wasn't what I was used to SQ wise that's all. The SHP is a step up from the HPO's. I think the SHP 15" doubles the weight of the HPO 15". 400 - 800 watts would work well. Again, don't require massive boxes either. Well built and well priced most places. Likewise for the Power References ... just an entry line sub. Guess you could compare the PR's to the MTX Thunder 4000's or 6000's in terms of output, and the HPO's to the 6000 or 8000's. I'd dare venture to say that the SHP's could compare to the SE series. But those are just my experiences of course. Only downfall I found was the little lacking of sound quality (but that's subjective anyway). Didn't really have any other major complaints ... but I'll tell you I wasn't used to not having to make an 8 cube box for a pair of 15's, thats for sure.

- Steve

i saw a memphis ad in car audio and electronics magazine and they have some wierd looking subs, but some cool looking amps.i never really hear anything about this company, so what does everyone think about them?

Never owned there subs but heard they are pretty nice.

However, they do make some of the nicest amps around. I would say their amps ranks in the the top 5 for sure.

I really really like their amps. I have worked with tons of different amps but really liked the memphis.

They are very solid and are rated a little low,they really pound

i really like the new amp line. All the amps are 6.5"x2" and the length is the only thing that varies.

The memphis belle amps I think are the best you can get for total system amps too... 75x4 and 600x1

sorry for raving....

Memphis is very popular around here (southern ohio). You won't find any new memphis items on the net because they don't do business like that....kinda like the reverse of the internet-based companies we're used to. I've owned a few of their subs and amps and even bought some of their wires and interconnects. Very solid products all around.

Planet Audio is another very solid company you just don't see much of on this board. I recently invested in a new PA amp, and much like a well-oiled stripper, she looks just as good as she performs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I really really like their amps. I have worked with tons of different amps but really liked the memphis.They are very solid and are rated a little low,they really pound

i really like the new amp line. All the amps are 6.5"x2" and the length is the only thing that varies.

The memphis belle amps I think are the best you can get for total system amps too... 75x4 and 600x1

sorry for raving....

Nothing wrong with that, they just make bad a** stuff.

I wonldn't trade my amp for anything out right now.

I have a PR104 on the shelf in my garage right now. I Just havent had the chance to install yet. From what I have heard of the sub, It sounds pretty good, and at a decent price. I have heard a lot of good things about thier amps.

slick316, Looks like you live near OKC. Check these out.

ADVANTAGE AUTO CENTER

306 SW 89TH ST

OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73139

(405) 631-8468

AUDIO CONNECTION

3611 N MAY AVE

OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73112

(405) 947-6300

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com

thanks for the links Rattlebrain, i'm going to check them out (not at advantage auto center, bunch of douches).

i heard about the memphis belle before, whats the deal with that amp? i actually heard someone say "i wish i had a memphis belle" but when i asked the dude why, and what was so good about it, he couldnt tell me, lol.

what is that, a huge ass class a/b, i mean, how do you get 75x4 AND 1000x1 into the same amp? the amp doesnt look big, but it certainly sounds big (and i'm quite intrigued by it to).

i'm definately going to audio connection tomorrow to check these out.

what is that, a huge ass class a/b, i mean, how do you get 75x4 AND 1000x1 into the same amp? the amp doesnt look big, but it certainly sounds big (and i'm quite intrigued by it to).i'm definately going to audio connection tomorrow to check these out.
Yep, you got it.

The 1300D is only about 22-23 inches long I would guess.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.