How to find a punchy sub for sealed box, by t/s parameters,

Kybassbwoy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kentucky
It is my understanding that a lower MMS and lower inductance and higher BL combined with a higher fs is a good way to tell.
What type of ts numbers should I be looking for and also suspension compliance would matter ALOT as well.
Keep in mind that I'm only wanting to run sealed in small boxes and nothing over ten inches will fit, and power is 3k so subwoofers geared toward that would be up my alley.
I'm thinking about just going on and having fi make some qs that are geared toward sealed not sure yet, keep in mind I'm after maximum impact on Rock, metal etc

Last edited:
Specs are there to guide one in application/installation and not one of them are going to tell you the story about how they sound, generally speaker-ing. This is one of the best 10" out there and will take 1000 watts a piece and probably close to 1500 watts of music burst. Needs only .5 cubic feet which I would stuff too.

Specs are there to guide one in application/installation and not one of them are going to tell you the story about how they sound, generally speaker-ing. This is one of the best 10" out there and will take 1000 watts a piece and probably close to 1500 watts of music burst. Needs only .5 cubic feet which I would stuff too.

Well, you're preaching to the choir here, last time I looked they didn't have the 10-in available. I absolutely love my three 12-in SQL in my civic it kills with quality too

Well, you're preaching to the choir here, last time I looked they didn't have the 10-in available. I absolutely love my three 12-in SQL in my civic it kills with quality too
Yeah, seems to be rather hit and miss with Si. Sometimes wish they would just preorder and let me wait! Their stuff is hard to beat.

Yeah, seems to be rather hit and miss with Si. Sometimes wish they would just preorder and let me wait! Their stuff is hard to beat.
Yeah, seems like not A lot's changed since last time I looked up this topic a while back and got those SQL 12s now I just need something with less mounting depth, the tens would be perfect for my application if depth was ok.
They might sound a little lean for those that want maximum SPL shake but with Rock and metal they're super clean and thump really hard and miss zero beats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...