Huge Second Skin Changes___need suggestions

ifandorbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
phx
I dont belive I have posted this info on this site, but I need some help

Second skin will be undergoing som huge chages in the next few weeks.

Damplifier and STFU-80 will both get completely overhauled.

Both will consist of a butyl base with ultra thick foil heat shiled. 3 mils for Damplifier and 4 mils for STFU-80

the tollerance of Damplifier will go up from 230 degrees F. to 450 F.

Same witrh STFU-80

We are building a new site and a new dealer program. lots of good stuff happening.

here is where I need help

Damplifier can be 40 mils or 60 mils thick.

if I go with the 40 mils it will be slightly thinner than the current damplifier but it will weigh more, so the acoustic loss factor will be better.

If I go with 60 mil for damplifier, it will destroy all the other entry level dampers on the market.

The bulk kit will be $89 for 40 mil or $109 for 60 mil

both prices are shipped for free for forum members.

I need to know your thoughts on 40 mil vs 60 mil

would you spend the extra 20 bucks for the better product, or should I keep it simple and stay at 40 mils, after all, it is an entry level damper. (even at 40 mils it will still be better than any 45 mil product on the market.

any thoughst??

ANT

just the material

no plastic rollers or disposable razor blades. no laundry soap, re-bagged as a scrubbing agent.

no frills not hyp no BS

just the best damper on the market....

and instructions

forgive my arrogance....

ANT

I'd also spend the extra $20 for 60 mils. As far as the general public you have to assume they will be impressed by big numbers. If Joe Consumer is looking for sound dampening and everything else being equal he will go for the bigger number. Precisely the reason AMD had to label their processors with the real clock speed and then an intel based number. I would most definitely go with the 60 mils.

60 mils is my advise. Also, it'd make my life easier if damplifier was "stick"ier. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1. What are the prices on other products that are going against you? If they are the same as the 60 mil go with that. Personally I would pay 20$ extra to get something that is a number of times better that the 89$ kit.

2. How many SQ ft. are in the bulk kit?

Thanks alot for everything, looks good....

Actually the new material will come in different sized.

rather than being in rolls, it will be in sheet form.

There will be the following PACKS available:

speaker kit

door kit

trunk kit

bulk kit

there will also be Second Skin Kits.

The kits will be enough material to cover a given area that may not need an entire bulk kit. Each will contain a combination of Second Skin products that will help the customer to get the most out of thier money.

Door KIT

-DAMPLIFIER

-STFU-80

-Rattle Pad

Trunk Kit

-Damplifier

-STFU-80

-Black Bologna

Car kit

-Damplifier

-STFU80

-Rattle Pad

-Black Bologna

Exhaust Kit

-STFU-80

-Damplifier

-Vinyl Liner

-Black BOlogna

Wheel Well Kit

-STFU-80

-Vinyl Liner

Engine noise kit

-STFU-80

-Motor Mat

-Vinyl Liner

we will also be working on a deflex pad type product also.

ANT

in korea, all dampers come in sheets, and i thought it was neat (50cm X 100cm) 1"= 2.54cm.

But after trying damplifier v1, I have begun to favour the roll type than the sheet type.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ifandorbuts

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ifandorbuts
phx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date