Hummin Sounds

i3abyjay25
10+ year member

Get F'n Loud
k, i know what Alt noise is...but can u have Alt noise w/ the car turned off ACC??

Alt noise is more like an High whining pitch. but this is a constant humm....Ive chked most the grounds, rcas, swaped amps, .. now i have ripped out the whole system..

any idea what it may be?? and is it Alt Whine?

try grounding all your amps and your headunit to the same point in the car.

Run 8 or 10 guage wire from your HU to the spot you have your amps grounded. See if that fixes it.

ok, i have regrounded my HU,,, cleaned and sanded all other ground points.. but still have alt noise??

also.. can u have alt noise w/ the car off on ACC???

and w/ the car crunk up, iif i push brakes, or turn my headlights on.. u can hear like a lil poppin noise.. sounds bout like a bare wire touchin metal.....

You should look closely at your speakers, this is a long shot but I had a strange sort of buzzing sound in my kappa 4x6 plates, took everything apart twice finaly found a seperation of the surround and the cone, I glued it back together and have had no more problems..I know it's a long shot but it couldn't hurt to look. I was baffeled for 2 weeks trying to figure mine out. Good luck, hope its something minor. Can't be alt as alt isn't spinning with engin off key on acc. CC

You should look closely at your speakers, this is a long shot but I had a strange sort of buzzing sound in my kappa 4x6 plates, took everything apart twice finaly found a seperation of the surround and the cone, I glued it back together and have had no more problems..I know it's a long shot but it couldn't hurt to look. I was baffeled for 2 weeks trying to figure mine out. Good luck, hope its something minor. Can't be alt as alt isn't spinning with engin off key on acc. CC
well ive done bout everything except replace most the wires and i still have the humming.. but now its only half as loud as b4, it seem to had a lot to do w/ my amp gains...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.