I need a Good Capasitor

that statement is an oxymoron. a "good capacitor" DNE (does not exist) SO, why do you want one? are your lights dimming? Did sum1 just tell you to get one? They are a bandaid for a weak electrical system, they put an extra load on your alternator (other than the already existant load of the battery, along with powering your entire car) SO, it's a waste of money and will not completely solve your problem. Look into a new or upgraded alternator.

http://www.excessiveamperage.com

http://www.mean-green.com

http://www.h-oalternators.com

good luck, peace

NG

well the thing is i thought the capasitor would pull less power from my car. cause i still want the speed and accileration i have now. i dont want to slow my car down, other then the extra wieght, any more then i have to. i figured if i had my cap set to 12v or less then it wouldnt draw any more power then i needed it to. make sense?

well the thing is i thought the capasitor would pull less power from my car. cause i still want the speed and accileration i have now. i dont want to slow my car down, other then the extra wieght, any more then i have to. i figured if i had my cap set to 12v or less then it wouldnt draw any more power then i needed it to. make sense?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif No, sorry that doesn't make sense. Don't bother w/ a capacitor their actual purpose in life is to increase SPL, not help your electrical system, and they don't even do that.

no, they do not. they are "supposed" to store current. Ok, when u have ur engine on, the alternator charges the battery, runs the entire electrical system of your car and would "fill" your cappacitor. So when ONE bass note hits...it drains your capacitor, then your alternator has to "fill" it again. So, it is putting more strain on your system to keep it charged up, and when consective hard bass notes hit...the capacitor cannot keep up, and it ends up tapping into your battery anyways. It does not increase spl, it does nnot make **** clearer...all it does is waste money. peace

NG

They really don't do anything but give your amp power for a millisecond at most. Then they have to be charged and put more strain on your alt.

yea, i bought one a while back when i didnt know much, i really regret it, it didnt do jack sheeit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i got 2 jl 12w6. but the only thing i wanted the capasitor for was so it didnt pull any power from my wheels. lets just say i got a need for speed

i got 2 jl 12w6. but the only thing i wanted the capasitor for was so it didnt pull any power from my wheels. lets just say i got a need for speed
lol hes makin fun of u man.

read his post.

capiCitor

Subwoofer

not

capaSitor

Cubwoofer

A cap does help, it keeps the voltage to the amp reasonable constant, creating better bass and louder. Why would it not work? What were they designed to do? They are a help for the alternator, so they can't be a bad thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.