I need help choosing a new amp..

Projektz Bora

as the topic states.. i need a new amp to fire up my subs.. my neighbor gave me a free xtant sub, so i gave it a try, hooked it up to my fosgate 250.2 amp, then i noticed the sub started smoking.. as soon as i saw the sub smoke up, i turned off the radio, and unplugged the sub.. and yes, i did connect it positive to positive and negative to negative.. at first, the sub was making some static sounds, then after 10 seconds, it started smoking.. after all that, i hooked my original subs back on, and my amp stopped working.. the LED doesnt even come on anymore.. what could be the problem?? when i took my amp to the local stereo shop (3 different types of stereo shops) they all told me that the amp is burned out and that repairing it can cost anywhere from $50-$130.. so i was better off getting a new amp.. now that theres so many amps out there, i need help in choosing one.. i need an amp that can fire up 2 10" Kicker Comp VR's.. i mainly want an amp that has: Thermal Protection, Overload Protection, External Fuse(s), Gold Plated Connectors, Built in Crossover(s), MOSFET, etc.. my budget for a new amp is anywhere from $100-$150.. i am a bit flexible with pricing so i can go a bit beyond $150, but my budget range is $100-$150..

i kinda looked into the Profile California amps.. are they any good? i found some for $109.00 brand new, and its the CA640..

thanks in advance!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

Save ur self an extra 100$ and get a Driected audio 600D 600rms x 1 at 1 ohm it will do everything u need and some .

profile amps seem to be the budget amp of the forum...ull find alot of people happy with these amps...hey vengure how r those dei amps...

They are very good , high quality and great durability just like orion and ppi all made by the same company

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.