I need Help picking the right amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

I'm running one of these pushing components up front and coaxials in the rear with channels 5 & 6 bridged to my front sub. I've got zero complaints about it and I've ran it hard for a good bit now.

Bridging channels 5 & 6 will give 700w @ 4 ohm to your sub

Last edited:

I'm running one of these pushing components up front and coaxials in the rear with channels 5 & 6 bridged to my front sub. I've got zero complaints about it and I've ran it hard for a good bit now.

Bridging channels 5 & 6 will give 700w @ 4 ohm to your sub
I have two kicker compR12’s dvc 4 ohm, they’re rated at 1000 peak 500 rms wouldn’t 700 rms fry them?

I have two kicker compR12’s dvc 4 ohm, they’re rated at 1000 peak 500 rms wouldn’t 700 rms fry them?
Nope, unless you set the gain too high for input signal. They won't see 700w consistently unless you're playing test tones. Music is dynamic and you'd be surprised how little power a sub sees most of the time. 700w would give a little dynamic headroom

Last edited:
Nope, unless you set the gain too high for input signal. They won't see 700w consistently unless you're playing test tones. Music is dynamic and you'd be surprised how little power a sub sees most of the time. 700w would give a little dynamic headroom
Ohhh okay, that makes sense. So that amp you suggested would run two components at 4 ohms and two coaxials at 4 ohms and my two kicker 12s at 4 ohms with no sweat? Any suggestions on a quality speaker set?

I know I could wire impedance down, that would open my options up. But I’ve been told the quality of the bass sounds better when the subs are wired at a higher impedance.

I know I could wire impedance down, that would open my options up. But I’ve been told the quality of the bass sounds better when the subs are wired at a higher impedance.
You wouldn't hear the difference in a car environment

Ohhh okay, that makes sense. So that amp you suggested would run two components at 4 ohms and two coaxials at 4 ohms and my two kicker 12s at 4 ohms with no sweat? Any suggestions on a quality speaker set?
#What Vehicle?

Rears

fronts

And currently on sale:

And currently on sale:

Just remembered, I have that same coaxial/comp set, BNIB, $245 shipped if you are interested. I have the matching coaxials, took these of the components. This was going to go into my brothers restomod build, engine is so loud, had to go with pro-style drivers (unfortunately).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-31 182324.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-31 182324.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-05-31 182935.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-31 182935.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...