i need some1's help ..

wdup all.. im new to the board.. i just purchased a 2003 audi A4.. and im thinking bout droppin in some 12's..

i need to no wut is the better sub..

-Orion H2 (12)

-JL w7 (12)

-MTX Thunder9500 (12)

-Cerwin-Vega Stroker (12)

or any other suggestions? lookin to spend roughly 350 per sub..

thanks

wdup all.. im new to the board.. i just purchased a 2003 audi A4.. and im thinking bout droppin in some 12's..
i need to no wut is the better sub..

-Orion H2 (12)

-JL w7 (12)

-MTX Thunder9500 (12)

-Cerwin-Vega Stroker (12)

or any other suggestions? lookin to spend roughly 350 per sub..

thanks
not sure on all the subs specs but how much power do you plan on running and what type of box. I too would have to say the w7.........where can you get it for 350?.

First off what do you want...SPL SQL SQ???? How much room do you have???? For around $350 I would go with the MTX 9500. You can get it at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13321

I have no personal experience with this sub but from what I have heard and read they are pretty decent but that is just my opinion.

You are not going to find a W7 under $500 let alone $350 but I could be wrong. I have never seen them under $500 so....

Hope this helps

Jon

JL W7. Out of the list you provided it reigns supreme. 2 of them. JL 500/1 amps each. You wont belive the results. Crewin Vega dosent really make a good sub, so take them off your list. might want to look at RE XXX, 12". W7 still better.

JL W7. Out of the list you provided it reigns supreme. 2 of them. JL 500/1 amps each. You wont belive the results. Crewin Vega dosent really make a good sub, so take them off your list. might want to look at RE XXX, 12". W7 still better.
I hear the MTX puts up a good fight with the W7. I also hear good things about the H2 as well.

It depends on what you are willing to spend, what kind of power you have, and how much room you have to work with.

WOW, you made that determination without applying any variables, your either a genius or just plain ignorant.

Out of those id buy the MTX's b/c JL is over priced and over glorified (IMO), id buy 2 XXX's and a US Amps 2000x and utterly destroy those JL's

Strokers are no good????WTF

alright.. thanks for all the help

but i think imma go SPL i dunt really care for the SQ rite now.. i want something that jus plain old HITS..

i hurd alot of talk about this "Magnum d2" wuts the story behind this sub?? is it going to rank up there with the thunder 9500 or wut?

and cerwin vega's mite look like ****.. but those strokers will put u into shock ~

=)

i hurd alot of talk about this "Magnum d2" wuts the story behind this sub?? is it going to rank up there with the thunder 9500 or wut?
the magnum is an incredible driver. one 12'' did 150.8 in competition last weekend. I don't remember the exact box size but it was only sent 1200 watts (i think) for a 12'' $300 sub with only 1200 watts hitting that 150.8 that's crazy IMO. not only do they get ridiculously loud but they will sound **** good doing it, the spl these puppies produce is a byproduct. http://www.stereointegrity.com for more info

If you want some good SPL try out the mmats juggernaut. I have heard lots of good things about this sub spl wise but don't expect any sq. From what i have heard they are comp winners and not everyday drivers. I was looking into getting a 12" but I was going to put it into a daliy and I have heard and read that the sq is not good and I wanted a little SQ but only enough to make it a daily driver. The XXX is also another good choice, looking at getting one this spring...:-D

Hope this helps

Jon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.