I think i messed up..

So my amplifier Specs are:

Bridged, 4 ohms: 400 watts x 1 chan.

Bridged, 2 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.

And I'm going to be using a single subwoofer. DVC 4 ohm 300w rms max 600w

Correct me if I'm wrong but. How would i wire this without blowing up the speaker?

Should i have just gotten the SVC version?

!uoY knahT

you can wire it at 2 ohms ,just set the gains down for less power

Okay, The only reason i got the DVC was because i wanted to leave the option of getting another 12 if 1 wasn't enough for me. Wow never thought about the gain. Durrrrrrrrr How should i wire it to 2 ohm? + terminal to + terminal to + on amp and - terminal to - terminal to - on amp.

Okay, The only reason i got the DVC was because i wanted to leave the option of getting another 12 if 1 wasn't enough for me. Wow never thought about the gain. Durrrrrrrrr How should i wire it to 2 ohm? + terminal to + terminal to + on amp and - terminal to - terminal to - on amp.
yep

Ok use a 50 hrtz. Test tone. Unhook the sub wires from the amp put the pos lead of the dmm in the amps pos speaker term and the same with the neg. set at dc on the dmm. Turn volume up to about. 28.7 volts times that by your voltage. To see your rms power turn up or down to adjust for 300 rms

Ok use a 50 hrtz. Test tone. Unhook the sub wires from the amp put the pos lead of the dmm in the amps pos speaker term and the same with the neg. set at dc on the dmm. Turn volume up to about. 28.7 volts times that by your voltage. To see your rms power turn up or down to adjust for 300 rms
I think you might have messed that up a bit or forgot to type something.

What you want to do once you have your DMM plugged into your amp terminals (with gain all the way down), is turn your HU up to about 3/4 volume or wherever your normal max listening volume is and then sneak up your gain on your amp until you see a voltage reading of 24.5v. That will give you your 300rms at 2ohms.

Figuring out voltage to RMS is the Square root of Watts x Ohms. So SQRT of 300x2=24.49

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.