id max v3 d4 question

aquamoe21
10+ year member

I tried posting this in the amp section but it wouldn't let me so I am posting it here. Quetios is, what amp is good for these. I have a kole audio amp that is rated to put out 2300 rms at 1 ohm. Thats what I will be running these at. Is this a good amp for these subs or not. If not what amps are good for these that don't cost over 500 or 600 bucks. Thanks

Well if you run that amp to it, then i suggest that you watch your gains . That would be more than double than its rated at, unless your running 2 of them, then you will be fine.

ive got a idMAX v.3 D2 wired at 4 ohms (single-sub setup wired in series) and a modified MTX 1501d is powering it. the 1501d will put out around 800 watts @ 4 ohms, 1500@2, and 1500-2000@1 depending on how good your electrical system is (mine is all stock). you dont want to give each idMAX more than 1000 watts, in fact, i would never give mine over 800 as 800 sounds **** good and loud enough with the sub. if i were to add another idMAX i could drop the load down to 2 ohms and still have an ample amount of power going to the idMAXes. i love my 1501d //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif. you, however, are talking about going with a D4 idMAX so this amp might be just a little too much if youre gonna be powering just one idMAX.. you can power two idMAXes at 1 ohm and watch the gain though. of course, the 1501d cant be stable at 1 ohm unless you modify it which isnt hard if you know how to work with solder.

I have 2 of them so i figure with a mono amp each sub should get 1150 rms or so. Is that ok and also are these amps any good. Will I get good sq from it. I had it hooked up to 2 audiobahn and they got really loud but sounded like ****. I know audiobahn aren't the greatest thats why I got the idmaxs.

I have 2 of them so i figure with a mono amp each sub should get 1150 rms or so. Is that ok and also are these amps any good. Will I get good sq from it. I had it hooked up to 2 audiobahn and they got really loud but sounded like ****. I know audiobahn aren't the greatest thats why I got the idmaxs.
no that is not alright. you will not want to give each idMAX 1150 RMS unless you want to overheat its voice coil. just because its rated at 1000 watts RMS i dont think youd want to give it the full 1000 watts RMS. unless youre going for some SPL setup and am competing with it? but iunno, ive heard numerous times to never give the idMAX over 800 watts. in a sound quality setup i dont think youll even need close to 800 watts RMS going to the sub unless you dont mind your sub drowning out your components or unless you have some super loud horns or something.

no that is not alright. you will not want to give each idMAX 1150 RMS unless you want to overheat its voice coil. just because its rated at 1000 watts RMS i dont think youd want to give it the full 1000 watts RMS. unless youre going for some SPL setup and am competing with it? but iunno, ive heard numerous times to never give the idMAX over 800 watts. in a sound quality setup i dont think youll even need close to 800 watts RMS going to the sub unless you dont mind your sub drowning out your components or unless you have some super loud horns or something.

But I have heard of people having crosfire 1000 watt mono amps and jl 1000/1 amps hooked up to them. Is this bad. Should I get another and run three. I'm not sure about the wiring for that but I think I could get it at around 2 ohms. My amp only puts out 1800 rms at 2 ohm so that would only be 600 each. would that work? Thanks.

Take this only somewhat relative info for what it's worth from a total newb.....

Take a closer look at the specs on the Kole. Many companies rate their amps at 14.4 volts; I'm not sure that Kole is one of them, however chances are that you will not get all 2300 watts out of the amp anyway unless your electrical system has been reworked.

I know that my little Dodge runs at about 13.5 volts, plus there's a bit of "line loss" to deal with as well before the power gets to the amp.

Good luck

so i still don't have an answer. question is, if i have 2 of these subs, i have to wire it to 1 ohm, amp puts out 2300 at 1 ohm. each sub will get 1150.

if i get 3 subs, i think i could wire to 2 ohms, amp puts out 1800 rms at 2 ohms, each sub would get 600wrms.

which is the better bet.

i ill probably running them in a sealed box probably around like 2ft3 for each sub or as big as i can get to fit in a mitsubishi lancer 2002.

hopefully that help thanks.

should i go sealed. and what is the infintie baffle that the web site is talking about. i've never heard of it? i'm going to stick with 2. i'll post back when its all done and tell you guys how it sounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.