idMAX crossover point

noob with an RS
10+ year member

i poop on you
earth
should i set the xover on my infinity perfect components as low as they can go AND THEN set the xover on the sub to picc up where the components left off?

or

should i set the xover on the sub a little higher to a certain point AND THEN have components picc up where the sub left off?

Set your component HPF for around 70-80, depending on how low your components can go, and set the sub's LPF to blend seamlessly with that crossover point.

my infinity perfect componets seem to go down to 50 hz without distorting. should i keep it there?the specs say that its frequency response starts at 75.. what does that mean?? is it common for HPFs to be lower than the components are rated to respond?

i'm pretty sure.. i read on here on sounddomain about someone crossing them over at 50.. its the first review on that page. and he says it doesnt even distort for him either at high volumes. i tried playing a couple songs myself at the max volume i'd normally play it at and it didnt seem to distort. if it was distorting itd really sticc out like a sore thumb wouldnt it? for sure if i played a 50 hz test tone through the door speakers at 0 db reference level they'd distort.. lol. oh and might i add when i unhooked the sub and played music at 50hz HPF they sounded so much more beautiful then i had them at before!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.