If you know jack about subs PtII remix

BoneStockSystem
10+ year member

Oc,Ca
Okay i juss got some type-r's and giving them about 300rms each but i heard they can comfortably take up to 500rms so im wonder if so will that mean i pushed up the wattage to that much my subs would get louder, spl or i dunno what might happen so what do u guys think? btw does polyfill give more spl my box is already what i believe to be in the higher volume limits of the recommendations with that in considration what if i juss made some holes for port will that work cuz i was looking for a little more spl but im stuck with them thx alot guys!

What kind of box u got it in and how many cubic feet. I have 2 type r 12's in a .9 cubic feet sealed and im giving each 325 watts rms and **** do they sound good. But yes if installed properly u could give them 600 watts rms like Boolean. But Thats if installed properly with the right box. I woul port them if u want it loud but i got mine sealed do to restricted trunk space. I have heard them in both sealed and ported and ported is pretty much the same sq(hardly ne difference u would probably not even noticed if tuned right) but alot louder

well its about 1 ft^3 per sub not including woofer displacment but in the manual the limits are like .85ft^3so i figured that since there more than "enogh" air space i could put a port pipe in there but trunk space is at a premium so another box is out of the question for now...also what difference would lets say 300rms- around 5-600rms be would it make a difference in spl or juss how loud they get?

okay with that out of the way..i've heard that type-rs can take as i said upto 5-600rms now im running at about 300 rms if i were to get around 5-600 now thats doubling the power if i rember is the loudness to power ratio 1:1 so i would be getting twice as loud as i do now and would i get more spl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.