If you need BIG things shipped!

ssteele18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I mean, BIG things. Not your 40lb sub, unless you live in a high volume area.

I have a close friend of the family who drives cross country shipping. If you have something you need shipped, he could put it in his enclosed trailer and bring it to you. Very professional. He'll do bikes, cars, jet skis(dimensions permitting), or very large enclosures. Granted, fuel is not free and neither is time. However, since he's a friend of mine, I can probably save you some money on shipping. Especially if it's on his way to pick up/drop another load.

For example: 12cuft enclosure that could cost maybe $200 or more to ship

You live it Dallas

He happens to drop off a load in Houston

He'll come to Dallas and charge $100-150 for time and fuel before he heads back

You save $50-100 for your precious

Just an example.

Downside: He does alot of shipments, but he's not FedEx. So it probably wont work if you need your item in 3 days. For those of you who plan ahead, this is perfect though.

Also would be cool if we could get several of you at a time. May be able to save all around!

Btw.. Doing a trip up through Boston and New Jersey this week. We're leaving Tuesday and will be heading up there. Let me know if there's anything you need to have picked up or dropped off! Email for prices in my sig.

How much for a car say from Boston to Dallas?
Depends.. On size, location, what we have in our trailer already... Pm me what you got and I'll see if he can do it..

Lol is this a limited time offer???
No. This particular trip, yes. But my friend ships stuff cross country at least 2 weeks each month so, if you can plan ahead, you may be able to save a little bit..

Shipping Wars FTW
Lol pretty much... He actually was shipping the Orlando Magic Motorcycle once... That was ridiculous.. haha

I might be VERY VERY VERY interested in this man.
Let me know man! Like I said, it's even better if it's along our already planned route. But if it isn't, theres always the possibility of me booking shipments around your area to make your pickups worth while. So deff give me a heads up!

Alright guys Last chance! I'm in Malden(Boston) at the moment and will start heading back in the direction of Fl by tomorrow evening most likely... Let me know if you need help!

Sounds kinda fun. You just ride along and help or what?
It would be if it was warm and dry like we were prepared for instead of cold and rainy.. Lol all I brought was a thin hoodie and I ain't used to this weather! Lol

But me and my friend and his dad switch off every couple hours usually.. Keeps us all rested and alert so we get there safely, yet also have the energy to carry 2 bedroom apartments up and down 2 flights of stairs. Lol. We run into all kinds of surprises...

It would be if it was warm and dry like we were prepared for instead of cold and rainy.. Lol all I brought was a thin hoodie and I ain't used to this weather! LolBut me and my friend and his dad switch off every couple hours usually.. Keeps us all rested and alert so we get there safely, yet also have the energy to carry 2 bedroom apartments up and down 2 flights of stairs. Lol. We run into all kinds of surprises...
Aawwe. That sucks... It's the same way here. You left Boston yet? What ya hauling as of now?

Aawwe. That sucks... It's the same way here. You left Boston yet? What ya hauling as of now?
We're just north of Boston at the moment dropping of a big Honda Goldwing.. We then have a few small boxes and furniture for someone in the area and we'll be loading a 2 bedroom apartment just this side of NYC to go back with us.

We're just north of Boston at the moment dropping of a big Honda Goldwing.. We then have a few small boxes and furniture for someone in the area and we'll be loading a 2 bedroom apartment just this side of NYC to go back with us.
Nice! Sounds like a fun kinda job being able to work hard for a few hours and then pretty much getting paid to ride in the car with a friend and his dad.... But I'm sure its hard work loading and unloading everything.... I worked moving ppl from house to house last summer and it sucked. The boss had a horrible, old p.o.s. single cab 4cyl fricken ford ranger and like a 8ft trailer. Had to make like 30 trips for 1 house. Only fun thing was we would just get high and mess around. No boss there to tell ya what to do. Only reason I worked there the whole summer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ssteele18

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ssteele18
St. Cloud, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date