I'm dumb and I think I broke my amp

Ruckus92

Norway
So yeah. I just reversed the negative and positive wire to my amp, since I didn't wire up separate colored wires, and also I'm dumb. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif:clap://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif:clap:

So smoke and sparks everywhere ofc. Replaced my engine bay fuse. Tried again the right way this time. Same thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif but my engine bay fuse didn't blow this time.

I ain't sending this crap back to the states cus that's just as expensive as buying another one from the states.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if any of you guys know if it's possible to fix it easy or if I should just use it as a paper weight.

It's a Boss NXD3500 mono.

It cannot be repaired in any sort of cost effective manner and there is nothing you can do to diagnose the problem unless you're an electronics technician with a scope and an understanding of power supply construction.

Well, first of all, don't insult yourself, at least your honest and recognize you made a mistake or two. Second, I recommend something to repair that amp, throw it away or hang it on your wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif . You know you'll be better buying a new and better amp than spending money on repairing something that's not worth it. Best of luck.

Boss amps/speakers/equipment are only good for paperweights in the first place... You probably bought the lowest quality amp you possibly could have. Amp is dead, before you buy another amp post it on the forums here and we'll let you know if it's decent.

Eh, they're ok. What do you recommend though? I'll scroll through the reviews at work later.
They're not okay. They're trash

Look for companies with representatives in your country or nearby so you don't get killed with shipping costs

Actually that particular brand is worth more as a paperweight than an electronics device so sell for profit ane smile! Really though. Not worth trying

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.