Image Dynamic's IDMAX question?

I would have probably tried out a D2 but I got the IDMAX actually all my ID stuff was at dealer cost couldn't beat that and the crossfire amp was at dealer cost hehe. But yeah I ordered the V3 version so hopefully no problem. Hey by the way I got a Bimmer too lol a 2000 3.28I

i wouldn't get teh d2 i think ur better choice is the idmax.... i wouldn't say its close to the w7 in all aspects but eh, what sub is?

anyways, you might want to consider tdx or mtx9500, but if you're going for price the idmax will do its justice...

i wonder though idmax comparable to crystal comp

my idmax 12 d2 v3 didn't even last 60 seconds after I hooked it 1 ohm on my cfa-1000d crossfire running at 15.5 volts. the voice coil was in pieces. it smelled like it was on fire. while it was hooked 4 ohms it sounded great, probably one of the best sounding speakers i have heard, but it just doesnt seem to be able to take power well. I am thinking of replacing it with a brahma.

Well I bought each IDMAX at dealer cost. I got hooked up with dealer cost on all my product I bought since my friend owned the stereo shop. But yeah I will be doing 2 ten inch IDMAX at 1ohm on a VR1000D. Hopefully voice coil doesn't burn out if it does then I have warranty hehe.

well when i got mine it came with a paper telling me not to give it full power until i break it in for a week. you might should have done this instead of full power the first day. (I gave it my amps full power but the amps only a 200 watt jensen (got to start somewhere)

image dynamics has always had problems with the coils rubbing on every single version of the IDMAX i would have gotten one had i not found this out.

al

Well I bought each IDMAX at dealer cost. I got hooked up with dealer cost on all my product I bought since my friend owned the stereo shop. But yeah I will be doing 2 ten inch IDMAX at 1ohm on a VR1000D. Hopefully voice coil doesn't burn out if it does then I have warranty hehe.
This guy must have some money layin around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
How much did you pay for all that stuff?

He probably hasn't heard one, so he couldn't tell you... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
correct.. after i hear one i'll tell you ...... from what i've read though something just don't see right about it.

correct.. after i hear one i'll tell you ...... from what i've read though something just don't see right about it.
Be my guest. Doesn't change the fact that I still love them and people will continue to buy them... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.