Infinity 12.1d Vs. Diamond Cm3

Strecker25
10+ year member

Better than everyone
well i bought myself a kicker 400.1 and an infinity kappa perfect 12.1D to get myself started and within 2 months goodbye to mr perfect. I got it off ebay for like 130 so it wasnt bad and ive got infinity to replace it for free which is very surprising, but now ive got a few questions:

1: im the kind of person who cant make up their mind in sq and spl areas so i need a good mix, the one 12.1d doesnt really fulfill my needs with spl, would the cm3 do any better?

2: since its a dual vc i could only wire in 2 of the 12.1d to show a 4ohm load meaning

200 watts output to the 2 subs, its not even close to the respected rms rating would i see an increase in spl over my one sub running at 2ohm with 400 watts?

3:stupid question but would it be better to face the sub to fire towards the back seat of does it matter, i know the whole low frequency talk but lets face it a speaker facing towards me gives more sound right?

lastly, all in all is the cm3 better than the 12.1D? dont wanna be blowin more vc's

well the CM3 is a hungry sub for what it is. For the 12, we send them a good 600 watts a piece and they sound awesome for the money. I would say get a CM3 if you had the power to drive it. As far as which way to face your sub, its usually a general rule of thumb that you face it away from you, but try it all different ways and see what you like the best.

:tomatofac

well do you think wired to a 2ohm load would the 400 get it moving, itll be in a 1.0cu box before displacement with somewhere around 12oz polyfill

what are ur feeling about just gettin another 12.1D and keepin my amp? just a little worried about feedin that sub 100 watts a piece

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.