Input Gain or Input Sensitivity?

Sarthos
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MN
My amps all have an input gain knob and an input sensitivity button. The button lets you change sensitivity between 100mv-2v and 2v-8v. My equalizer has a 5 volt output. Would it make more sense to have the amp set at the 100mv-2v setting and the gain all the way down or would it be better to have it at 2v-8v and have the gain up a bit? I have no idea which will sound better. Any thoughts?

Better to have it set to the 2v - 8v range and turn the gain up if necessary. Eliminates the possibility of clipping the amplifier due to improper gain structure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.