Installing Bass Shakers 2007 Toy Tundra

mistert
10+ year member

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice for mounting these things. They mount under the seat, but the holes don't line up with any kind of metal under it. I would have to make a bracket or utilized one that is for something entirely different. What about speaker brackets that are for inwall speakers. Could I somehow use that? This is going in an '07 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. I plan on having one under each front seat. I already have an amp and the bass shakers so I figured I would give it a shot! I do have a sub in my set up which sounds great and puts out enough bass for me. I am only considering installing the bass shakers because I already have them.

Originally, I had two entry level JL Audio subs (10s) under the rear seat before having a shop build a custom box for a single 12" Fosgate Punch stage 3 sub. The custom box for the 2 JL subs weren't fit to JLs specifications, but they sounded pretty good considering. I could still use them along with the Fosgate sub since I would take a big loss trying to sell them.

The current set up meant losing part of the back seat. There are split folding seats 20/40. I lost the small folding seat in the back for the 12" sub/sub box, but got better bass response out of it. I am just trying to figure out whether to go this route or just install the shakers or just leave it the way it is with the single 12. If I did not have them, I would stay with what I have. I just figure I already have them, so what the hell. :)The other option is to return the bass shakers and just sell and take a loss on the old subs. The subs would sell pretty easily, but the box is specifically made for a '07 - up Toyota Tundra double cab.

What about using speaker brackets for them? I am just saying they could mount towards the center of the bracket, then the outer part may be easier connected to a metal part under the seat. My concern is that there is a lot of foam under the seat. Would that absorb most of the vibrations?

i had to search through hundreds of saved photos and many folders to find this pic. but i knew i had it. i just secured a wood board to the seat where it made sense, and secured the shaker to the board.

accordseatshakers001.jpg

my impressons of bass shakers are they give the illusion of very tight, accurate bass since there are not phase issues or delay to worry about. they are kind of neat. and they do it very efficiently. that said, i sold these.

the key is rigid mounting. nothing soft or pliable. nothing that is easly bent. you want to efficiently transfer the vibration into the seat frame.

Not trying to thread jack but do these thing really work? Do the girls love them? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/highhorse.gif.6bbb570c3f53dc0dcce8a2b8ad05cf11.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.