Interconnects (Y-cables)

truedatt

I was looking on sounddomain.com and it looks like the shortest Y-adaptor (1-female to 2-male) is 1.5'. Is that about the shortest you can buy? Are there any types or brands (i.e. Stinger, Rockford Fosgate, Lightning Audio, etc.) that are the best?

I'm going to be running a RCA cable from the head unit and wanted to use a couple short (to minimize signal loss) Y interconnects to split the signal to 2 amps. What's recommended to in this situation?

Thanks!

Josh

Thanks all!

So this will do then? --> http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLS1F2M

The amps' RCA inputs will be about 1 foot apart. So about a 6" Y-adapter will do the trick, correct?

Also, what about the RCA cables from the head unit to the trunk? I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe that I'll probably need a 12-16 foot (approx 5 meter) length RCA cable to run. Are there certain brands that outperform, or will something from knukonceptz work? Money is not too much of an object as far as RCA cables, if performance is an issue. Any links would be appreciated as well!

Thanks again!

Josh

You don't need anything fancy. The biggest issue I think there is with rca's is durability. You don't want the end connectors popping off the 1st time you unplug them from the amp.

The other thing is noise rejection - and no body can really agree on exactly what is the best. Generally though - I'd say $20 is plenty to spend on a decent set of 15-17' rca's.

I hear nothing but good things about Knukonceptz. Never used them, but they sell very reasonably on Ebay. Over that length of run, definitely get something quality. If you have ever experienced "noise" over an interconnect line, you will appreciate quality cabling. Good luck in your search

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.