inverted subs?

p_rawk13
10+ year member

i see subs mounted invertedly alot in show cars and stuff and i was wondering how htat all works can you invert any sub? do you have to wire it backwards like negative to positive or positive to negative. and is there any loss in spl or sq if it is mounted inverted. the reason im asking is because i am making a fiberglass box and am mounting to kicker cvr 10s because i am on a budget and i already have one cvr 10 and am happy with it but i bought it in a sub box combo already installed that had a false baffle ot make it look flush mounted i am talking about a bassworx ported box. and hten i bought one more so hte one i just bought has a nice plastic trim peice around the surround on the front and my old one doesnt so i wanted to mount my old one inverted if it is gonna sound good still. oh and i will be using a hifonics bx1000 to power these jjust incase you were wondering. k well any help would be nice thanks.

oh and also i know this is a stupid question but i have never had two subs b4 and i wanna be sure if i give them 1000rms they will both each take 500rms not 1000rms. and also is 500rms to much for these i gave one 400rms b4 and it says on the website max rms 300w but hten it says max amplifire power 600w so i was a little confused on that so if you could help clarify that that would rock too

thanks again

Lots of subs can take more than there rms. Like my type r's for example are only 300 rms but i am giving them 425 each and i have heard of some people giving them up to 600. I personally cant say yes u can give them 500 each b/c i have had no experience with them but im sure someone here can help u out. As far as the inverted sub questions i hope somebody here will explain that cuz they look awesome but i have no idea how to do it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.