Is 34Hz an awesome tuning for mostly low bass & a good amount of highs also ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

48mills

#PreludeBoy4Life
I have an Orion HCCA 15.2. I think im going to go with Orion's specs on my 1st box. Which is vented, & only about 3.05 cubic feet. Since im going to have my Kicker zx2500.1 powering it, this size box should sound well right ? I just need help with the perfect tuning . . . I wanna hit amazing lows & also some decent highs. 34Hz or lower ?

Everything i've seen on that sub, is higher tuning like 37-45hz.. but i could be wrong there... I would use the specs off of their site as I was told once on here to do.

Personally I prefer 35-37hz if you have enough space for a large enclosure you are able to peak well bellow your tuning. But you have to realize you must set your SSF and watch for over excursion because you will easily shred your softparts.

Well the box will be going in a 2000 honda prelude. So theres not too much of space in there sadly. Lol. But im not using this sub to compete. Its just gone be for some hard loud bass for everyday listening. Something to kind of shut off the competition around the way. Thats all. But by using Orion's specs for the box, if they have 38Hz as the setting for that box, would the size change or anything if i just change the tuning of it ?

Well the box will be going in a 2000 honda prelude. So theres not too much of space in there sadly. Lol. But im not using this sub to compete. Its just gone be for some hard loud bass for everyday listening. Something to kind of shut off the competition around the way. Thats all. But by using Orion's specs for the box, if they have 38Hz as the setting for that box, would the size change or anything if i just change the tuning of it ?
if you really dont know that much about boxes, i'd have someone design one for you. getting a design is cheap. im not trying to hate on you im just saying this is pretty basic stuff. if you tuned your orions to about 37 hertz or so you'd be loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

48mills

#PreludeBoy4Life
48mills
Littleton, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from