Is Infinity 10.1D and Profile CA400M a good match?

Can someone at least tell me if I've got the right idea here? Is that enough power for that sub? Too much? It's got dual voice coils, each rated at 175 watt RMS at 4 ohms. 350 total at 4ohms. Specs don't say nothing regarding 2ohm ratings, but the only way to hook it up correctly is either a 2 ohm or an 8 ohm hook up. I could theoretically hook it up to just one voice coil at 4ohms, but then I'd be running it over spec as the amp puts out 200watts at 4ohms and single voice coil on that sub is rated at 175 watts. It most likely wouldn't sound that good either.

So help me out guys. Do I have the right idea here?

that amp would work fine if it puts out 320 at 4ohm just watch out for the infinitys i blew a 12.1d with 400w rms just recently, that 350rms is a thermal rating so theres no way around it

10.1D recommended power is 350RMS. Hooked in parrallell, it should draw at 2 OHM. The amp does 320 Watt RMS at 2 OHM. The sub is in a sealed 1 cubic foot box.
Sounds like that should work great. However, If you don't already have the stuff. you might want to browse the forums and see what kind of stuff people on here recommend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.