Is my w6 blown??? :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

BUMP MY RIDE
10+ year member

GOT MILK??
Ok at normal listening levels it plays supurb but if i bump it up too loud a hear something like a high picth buzz on certain notes comming from the woofer it self before i though it was port noise but i block of the port and the noise is comming from the woofer itself i borrowed my friends mtx 8000 woofer and bump it up and didnt hear that sorta noise.Is my woofer blown how can i test it or could it be just clipping? thx in advance.

use a dmm to test the voice coils of the sub. is there a subsonic filter on that amp.

and did you properly set the gains on the amp. I'm thinking your pushing the amp into clipping.

i tested the terminals of the two combine coils and get a funny reading flucturating between 1.7 ohms and 2.7 ohms is this normal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif when i tested a single coil sub i got here im getting a steady 4 ohms no flucturations.

Keep the DMM hooked up and push on the cone, watch what happens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Do one voice coil at a time.

And, I think it's just lead slap.

Ok check both coils each reads 3.9 ohms wid a lil flucturation so i guess the noise im hearing is probly clipping

I highly doubt that's what you're hearing.

See above, could be an air leak, could be lead slap, who knows.But the sub obviously doesn't like it.

Well i took it out the box and played it free air on a 200 watt amp with some test tones and turn up the volume fairly high and heard the same noise like if its clipping like a buzz. I hook up another sub and heard a similar noise and near the same volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.