I've got 2 nice amps, which one should I use? Audioque 2200d & ph d2 shredder!

binklesworth

FYI- My build consists of 2 15' soundqubed hds315 (1200 rms each). 9 cub ft box , aeroported. all 0 gauge ofc / big 3, and one of these amps. in my 1997 mountaioneer.

i know the Audioque is newer and is a nice amp. But the earthquake is legendary!

im going for 1900 rms +

I have stock electrical with 130 amp alternator

based on my research, both of these amps put out very close to, right at, or more than rated power. so thats not an issue for me.

the shredder is legendary, but I have heard the reliability isn't that great. BUT it runs 2000 at 2 ohms, and to my understanding my amp (and car) would run more efficiently at 2 ohm since I have mediocre electrical.

the audioque is newer, and they seem to be very reliable from what ive heard. BUT I would have to run the audioque at 1 ohm, and im not sure how that would work out with stock electrical.

basically, i have 2 awesome amps. and I don't have the knowledge to pick between them. any feedback and experience is appreciated, thanks!!!

The Earthquakeis a BEAST! and Very Reliable if ran at its intended ohm load.Most people pushed the limitations on those amps down to 1/2 ohm loads,and even a bit lower to find it to be unstable,ruin that amp.The reviews/trashing of the Shredder was do to those exceeding the limitations/of the amp.Its a hell of an amp,and a solid BEAST,that Id run rather than the other.Id run it.great amp that you would be pleased with,and those subs may not even be able to handle the power shelled to them.Careful on the settings is all I can tell you.Id run an Old school amp a lot of times before Id run a newer amp.Thats just me

The Earthquakeis a BEAST! and Very Reliable if ran at its intended ohm load.Most people pushed the limitations on those amps down to 1/2 ohm loads,and even a bit lower to find it to be unstable,ruin that amp.The reviews/trashing of the Shredder was do to those exceeding the limitations/of the amp.Its a hell of an amp,and a solid BEAST,that Id run rather than the other.Id run it.great amp that you would be pleased with,and those subs may not even be able to handle the power shelled to them.Careful on the settings is all I can tell you.Id run an Old school amp a lot of times before Id run a newer amp.Thats just me
Most of the newer amps are Korean or Chinese built garbage. I would also run a old school earthquake before anything new.

what ohm are the subs that determines final load in order to choose a amp, I'd probably go ALL AQ set up and the aq is a monster even down to .5 ohms....

what ohm are the subs that determines final load in order to choose a amp, I'd probably go ALL AQ set up and the aq is a monster even down to .5 ohms....
^^THIS... can be ran .5 daily without any issues. ive seen them burped at .25 ohms. These are really solid performers. And good for about 2500 or so at .5ohm

^^THIS... can be ran .5 daily without any issues. ive seen them burped at .25 ohms. These are really solid performers. And good for about 2500 or so at .5ohm
I have stock electric with130 amp alt so i dont think i want to run too low. In fact i thought that the shredder would be better because it runs an ohm higher at the same rms. Think the difference of 1 vs 2 ohms would make it worth it?

if you don't got the best elec. run the 2 ohm amp... maybe ask someone with knowledge of the amp though I think the older shredder may be less efficent at 2 ohm then the aq is a 1ohm...

The earthquake amp is worlds more efficient than the aq. Dont get me wrong the aq2200 is a nice amp (I run one currently) but that Earthquake is about as efficient as they get. You keep that thing at 2 ohms nominal and you will never have an issue with it. It's like audiobaun said ...........all the horror stories about the Earthquake amp stem from retards with no electrical running them below rated impedance . They beat the crap out of them and then cry when it breaks. I have owned probably ten or more of the shredders in my life and never had one fail on any electrical setup when kept at 2 ohms or above. If you dont wanna run the earthquake PM me a price for it and I will take it off your hands.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

binklesworth

binklesworth
Nashville, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
binklesworth