JL 10w3v2 Bent Frame!

Casurfer99
10+ year member

Does anybody know if you can "bend back a basket" on these subs? I have one that was bent and I got really cheap just for the hell of it but I don't know if you can bend it back. I have pics if anybody wants to see what I'm talking about. It must have been dropped fairly hard b/c the frame is bent between two side braces, looks repairable though. It looks like the cone surround and coils haven't been affected. I would have to bend it back to fit into an enclosure though. Just seeing if anybody has had this problem and done anything to fix it...besides throw it away!

Funny...I bought this from a legit person who I highly doubt stole it, and it's brand new without any scratchs or anything. Plus it would be REALLY hard to bend the frame towards the magnet if you were ripping it out. It had to have been dropped...anybody with a SERIOUS answer though?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.