JL 12W7 Blown????

IntenseAggresio

Maine
I jus bought this sub off my friend. He hooked it up once to his 500\1 amp and gave it some to hear how it sounded. Still played fine when I heard it, but after i removed the sub and reinstalled it, when you tap on the cone theres a slight rattling.....any ideas?????

not good. when u push on the cone is there some good resistance and kinda a rough sound? my guess its blown. not sure how much it costs to recone a w7

yeah if you push on the woofer and there is some resistance and you feel/hear some grindage/rough rubbing sound then yeah it is blown.

if you push on the woofer and it is a clean in/out feel and no resistance hardly then it is ok. But you will be able to tell if you hear/feel the rough grind we are talking about.

When you tap on it sumthing rattles? Sounds like there may be something under the dustcap. Like a piece of plastic or something.

lets try thinking positive... are the terminals vibrating? maybe a screw is stuck to the magnet or something...I'm pulling things out of my ass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

U Got 24 Hours To Contact Me Thru Aol Aim So U Can Ship Me The Sub And I Use My Warranty To Get It Replaced (all U Do Is Pay For Shipping To And From Me).......

Don't Pm Me B/c I Aint Respondin Either.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.