Just got two Audiobahn Flame Q's

Ok i have the obcon ported box, and it has 1.58Cf of space. The subs require between 1.30 and 3.75CF is bigger better? I can use my box, but will a bigger box be better?

Well your subs dont put out 1100 rms and if your amp gives true power then that will be perfect for them. And id get a bigge ported box because you will be disapointed with the box you have now.

My amp gives true power, and the subs are 1100watt rms, sound domain has it wrong.

If i get a bigger amp, like say two of them will my 4 gauge wire hold them? Or will i need 2 gauge?

i had one of those in my first setup just one in a sealed box. i didnt know ne thing about subs when I got those all i saw was the bling bling. but ne way my stupid friend wired that dual 4 ohm up to 8 ohms so they really only were gettin 300 watts but i didnt find out until i had blew them...

o well that was 6 months ago and now i have a 15" D2 hopefulliy shipping out today!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the proper install, like my friend can accomplish they will sound good enough to compete like i want to. Oh and flame Q's are recommended ported not sealed no wonder you blew it.

im glad i get rid of it cause now i got a 15" d2 on the way and no audiobahn can touch that so bottom line audiobahns **** ass

yea i hate audiobahn amps but thats just my imo.... but is each sub 1100 rms each? If so then im thinken 370 isnt near enough. I have 300watt rms type r's n im giving each 400. Oh and about them being in a sealed box thats not why the blew, just cuz they r "recommended" for ported doesnt mean thats its bad if u put them sealed. All that is is the manufacturer saying that they think for the sub to sound the best and loudest to go ported.

As long as you dont open the box those subs came in everything should be alright. Refund them and get mags.
If the above condition is not met. Rob a bank and get 3 15" treos.
i bought that sub from cardiscountstereos.com. do you think they will exchange or refund?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AudioGuy

Banned
AudioGuy
Phoenix, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from