kappa's, or kappa perfect?

southprk
10+ year member

Hello,

So here's the scoop .. I have an expedition, and 4 garbage kenwood w3005 subs.. Factory mach audio speakers (4" w/component tweeter), and can use a 5x7 - or 5-1/4" (or 6.5" ??) component set.

I'm trying to debate between the Kappa perfect 5.1's, or the kappa equivelent.. The perfects are about $70 more per set, and I'll probably get 2 sets.. is it worth the extra $140?? Also, do you recommend any other speakers? I'm running them with a Rockford 501x amp (65w per channel at 4 ohms..) I know the perfects will take 100w rms, but I think they will do ok with 65.

Also I plan to upgrade the subs to some Image Dynamics IDQ12" after the speaker upgrade. It's run by a Clarion 935 if it matters..

I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 6.5 components in the doors and Kappa 2-way 6x9s in the rear, and their loud as fu**, run off of a Sony XPlod... amp that's quoted at 75WRMSx4 with a Nakamichi deck they are really loud and clear. The 6x9s actually have more mid-bass then the 6.5 woofers, but the components are definitely are lot louder and clearer on the highs. I haven't heard the perfects so I don't really know if they are worth the extra $$, but I love Infinity Kappas.

Oh, and I've been using them daily at practially always full volume for about 1 1/2 with no problems.

By the fact that you have the Clarion 935 HU I'd have thought you were going for an SQ system. So in that case I'd tell you to get the perfects. I just got a pair in a few days ago... have to wait to order the kick pods for them, though. If they don't fit in the kicks (theyre qlogic and they say up to 6 1/8" woofer...) I can sell them to you for cheap (like $200 shipped). I got mine real cheap straight from Infinity. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

EDIT: BTW they're 6.5". You may be able to fit 6.5" woofers if you get an adapter plate.

well the perfect 5.1 are $200 on eBay .. and I kinda need the 5 1'4". Yup, I'm mainly SQ ... but even the factory speakers get pretty loud in my opinion, and .. they are low grade stuff.

There is a possibility I could do some cutting there.. I'll have to take my door panels off again and check. I'd prefer not too though, and I don't think the extra 1.25" will make such a huge difference.

Let me think about it, I could fab a nice little enclosure in-between the door panels.. any idea on the mounting depth??

Right they go $200 but then there's shipping... I'd be selling for $200 with shipping included but I could go lower if I have to though. I ordered the kickpods last night, I figure I'll have em in a week or so. If you're willing to wait I can give you dibs on these if they don't fit.

Right they go $200 but then there's shipping... I'd be selling for $200 with shipping included but I could go lower if I have to though. I ordered the kickpods last night, I figure I'll have em in a week or so. If you're willing to wait I can give you dibs on these if they don't fit.
With 6 1/2" and Q-Logick kicks you will have to do additionnal cutting or put an adaptor... But they just don't fit as 5 1/4 would...

My 2 cents //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Exactly what I thought!! I checked at a local audio shop and they told me my 6.5" Kappa Perfect Comps would not fit in the Qform panels only 5.25" would. HEY- if you have found some that will LET ME KNOW I need some.

Should be getting mine later this week so I'll have to see. I've heard some 6.5" speakers will bottom mount without any modification but I guess that all depends on how deep the speaker and kickpods are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.