Kenwood Excelon x794 question. DSP Setting Question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

swamanator

Hi Guys,

Today I just got the Kenwood HU installed on my Toyota Avalon 2001 xls. I took out the JBL OEM HU and put in the kenwood aftermarket. With that i also put in a kenwood amplifier and a MTX sub in the trunk.

My question is: I can hear audio from the 2 tweeters, 2 front door speakers and the SUB...but no sound from the 2 rear door speakers ?

what could be the problem?

The kenwood HU has 3 sets of pre amp outputs ..front rear sub.

Also something i noticed:

The kenwood HU has a DSP (digital signal processor) setting. When the setting is set to "Through" i only hear sound from the 2 front tweeters, 2 front door speakers, and the Subwoofer.

BUT When i set the DSP to "Bypass" ...i can hear sound from the tweeters, front door, rear door and the sub. So with Bypass i can hear it all but the sound quality goes down significantly for some reason. When the DSP is set to "Through" the sound quality sounds amazing but the only speakers working are the 2 tweeters, 2 front door, and the sub......no rear.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Could it be a problem with the wiring? is the problem because of the 6 speakers?

Thanks,

-S

PS: The Kenwood HU is great ....no complaints except for the problem mentioned above.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.