Kicker L5's or L7's

Hades2004
10+ year member

Underworld Master
Canada
I'm looking at getting 2 new 12in L5's or L7's. The reason is, I have 2 Alpine SWR-1221D and pretty much everyone that has subs in their vehicle have Alpine subs. Right now from the top of my head I can think of atleast 80 people in my town that have Alpine subs. The reason why I know this, a few days ago there was a bass comp but I couldn't go with my car cause my car won't start. So I went there. There was about maybe 150 people there. It was Alpine and Fosgate subs there. There was one person that had 2 12in Type X subs there connected to a MRD-M1001 *they has 2 of these amps*. The only brands were get here for subs are Sony, Alpine and Rockford Fosgate *their P1, P2 subs only*. I wanna be different lol. Where I live everyone says that Rockford and Alpine made the best stuff. But I know there's alot more better stuff out there. So this is why I wanna get 2 12in L5 or 2 12in L7. These will be dual 4 ohms. Also should I get new amps or should I just use both of my MRD-M501? But if I do get new amps, I'll get 2 KX600.1 for the L5's or 2 KX1200.1 for the L7's.

Why not be a lot different and go with RE, Adire, Soundsplinter, Ascendant, Elemental Designs?

That way, you can show up with brands theyve never even heard of, and watch the jaws drop. Might even crack a few jaws in awe when you tell them how little you paid for them, compared to what they paid.

What i'm looking for is something that can pound hard and can handle it. With my 2 SWR-1221D, I was disappointed how hard they hit. I thought they would pound alot harder. And just too many people in my town with the same setup too. But I have a PG amp for my speakers. So thats different lol.

Okay. I was looking at the SX and SE subs from RE. These subs probably arent cheap either. And just remember, they will have to be shipped to Canada, so i'm looking at spending lots but that don't matter to me. The questions I have, does these SX and SE subs from RE give off good bass? Can I use just my MRD-M501 for the SX or SE or should I get better amps? Can I use the SX or SE subs in my dual 12in box which is 0.89 per chamber or do I need a new box? Or would ported be better for the SE or SX? I'm leaning towards the SE or would the SX be a better choice? Sorry for all these questions, I don't know too much about RE, but if they will pound alot harder then my Alpine subs, then i'm all there.

alot of people will say re's sound better and will out pound the kickers its all set up. i have heard word class kicker systems and as of yet heard a world class re system. a simple drop in and go boom set up the sx would probably have the slight advantage there.

ill sell you my (2) 12" L7's + my kicker kx1200.1 amp for $800. the subs are in a custom ported box (2.83 cubes per chamber). they POUND HARD!!!!!
I don't have the money right now lol. I'm tring to sell both my SWR-1221D and both my MRD-M501.

Okay. I've decided to go with 2 RE SX subs *they are dual 2 ohm, not what I wanted but thats fine*. Since these subs are dual 2 ohm, I had to find a amp that was 1 ohm stable @ 1000 watts RMS. Cause I don't wanna sacriface the power of these subs. So I was looking around and was wondering is this amp http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14798 will be fine to power one RE SX sub. I'll be getting 2 of those amps to power each sub. But if someone recommendes a different amp, please tell. Im probably going to spend probably about $1400 for all this, but it is cheaper then $2300.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hades2004

10+ year member
Underworld Master
Hades2004
Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date