Kicker zx400.1 Tuning

best thing to do is find someone with a meter and experience with setting gains.But,till then just keep the gain and boost below 1/2 total adjustment and the crossover at 80hz and youll be fine.

just turn everything clockwise as far theyll go ..

itll make that sub wang ..

your mirror will fall off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Why at half?Whats wrong with keeping gain at half and boost all the way up?
SO MANY THINGS!! Gain and boost all the way up will kill you sub in no time. That sends a clipped signal to the speaker which is very bad.

Take the advice mention above. My only suggestion is not to use the boost at all.

Ok lol, a lotta mixed suggestions. Idk what to do to it now lol.

What if I turn the gain and boost just about all the way up, but not all the way?

Someone I talked to said that the gain has to be higher than the boost or else the amp will fry? This kids kinda gooffy though so idk.

Someone already did. Did you miss that? With moderate boosts, gains at half way mark or less, 80- HZ on the high pass, and moderate volumes, you are highly unlikely to stress any part of your system to the breaking point. Keep it like that until you've read enough to know what you're doing or found someone to handle the tuning for you. It'll take more time than reading one tip on one thread.

My gains were set using test tones played through my speakers (I now know that's a no-no, I understand why, and I wouldn't recommend it for you but it got mine where they probably need to be). More people here would recommend either a digital voltmeter or an oscilliscope because music is so dynamic, it's difficult to use regular music and detect the point of distortion by ear. I can do it with really dynamic bass for my sub amp but when it comes to looking for distortion in mids and especially highs Ive never been good at it.

After careful experimentation the best x-over settings for my amp in my truck appeared to be about 65 HZ for the front speakers and 80 HZ for the rear to get a good impression of clean bass coming from the front in live performances.

I never touched any boosts on my amp other than to make sure they're at zero. Everything on my head unit is zeroed out except sometimes I cut the treble by about 1.

The goal here is to set everything so you can get the most you can out of it all without anything straining to the point of breaking. Gains is the first thing you should learn about and nobody is going to teach you that in this thread because it's the probably the most frequently asked and addressed topic ever and if you do a search on 'gains' you'll find a ton of useful info. The best you'll probably get if you drop the attitude is people will post links to the most useful tutorials.

Well I dont have an attitude. I can understand how the question is pretty universal so I will make a search.

The only reason I said that was because all he said in his post was"Your friends an idiot". He could have said that and told me why my friend was wrong and I wouldnt of said anything.

Anyways, its over. Ill search for some **** to read up on.

Thanks for the help guys.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

06goat

10+ year member
bumpin bluegrass
06goat
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date