kinetik 16 volt batt

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaeguerra909
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I really want to do a 16 volt charging system does any one know anything about this battery? The only reason why I'm considering it is because I hear you can use the 12 volt post for all your stock electrical in the car that way you don't have to run a second alt. The rest will all be xs d1600's any ones take on this??

Using that battery you would need a 16volt charging system which means modifying the alternator. You could add an adjustable outboard voltage regulator to your alternator to make it charge a 16volt battery then use the 12volt post to operate the car.

The kinetic 12/16 is a seven cell battery and needs to be charged @ 16volt.

any other batteries you add would have to be 16 volt also.

Using a single KHC16v as a step down module is not recommended in an application like this. The KHC16v is an 8 cell battery with a tap at the 6th cell. So under load in your set up the first 6 cells would be doing double duty as it would be providing the 12v power for the car. The proper way to do it would be have a bank of KHC16v in the back (none under the hood).

Using a single KHC16v as a step down module is not recommended in an application like this. The KHC16v is an 8 cell battery with a tap at the 6th cell. So under load in your set up the first 6 cells would be doing double duty as it would be providing the 12v power for the car. The proper way to do it would be have a bank of KHC16v in the back (none under the hood).
Your right it is an 8 cell I was not paying attention to my math.

he cant do a bank of them in the back and still have a 12 volt up front unless he has two alternators.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jaeguerra909

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jaeguerra909
ontario,california
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date