Last Amp Question, i Swear :)

mweaver1
10+ year member

VA
ok. I looked around for an affordable amp to fit my budget, and took someone's advice (forgot whom) and looked up the Profile CL600. Amplifier - 150x2 @ 4ohm - 450 watts RMS total. Will this run my 2 12" 800w Peak/200w Continuous kenwood subs fine, and if so, does anyone have/know someone who has this amp and finds it to be alright? Thanks guys. I'm also getting the 5 1/4" CDT Full Range speakers that seems to be the hype around here if anyone cares. I'm hoping this sound system will all work together well and make my car sound awesome. Thanks again.

Ah, thanks Jmac. CL600M it is. Otherwise, that system will work right?

CL-5X 5.25" 2-way Full-Range Speakers (pair)

CL600M Amplifier - 450x1 @ 2ohm (watts RMS)

Kenwood - 800W 12" Single-Voice-Coil Subwoofer (pair)

Hope I'm not missing* anything.

(I wrote pissing instead of missing...oops.)

I'm just gonna have BestBuy install it, since I have no idea what I'm doing. They do it for around 150$, includes wire harness and sub box, and if they mess up or something breaks they replace it. *shrug* I just can't afford to mess anything up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thanks guys.

Dude its not that hard...drill hole in firewall or use a existing hole.Run the wires from the hu (remote and RCA's) and connect to the amp.Run a ground....All setup and ready to run the subs...

i did mine myself with a bit of trepidation, and once i had my hands in it, everything went so smooth that i couldn't believe it. saved myself around 80-100 bucks, and my install looks great, no denying it.

however, i understand where you're coming from. it can be intimidating, and if you foul something up, you really are the only one to blame. if you DO decide to have Best Buy install it, keep a few things in mind (and i don't mean to offend any Best Buy installers on the board - i just call 'em like i see 'em): Best Buy and Circuit City have a track record of not doing that great of an install (at least around San Diego). i've seen butchered dashboards, visible wiring in the interior, hanging wires in the trunk, skank grounding, poor wiring under the hood (my pal had his "professionally" installed - they didn't even mount the power fuse!).

it'll work, but trust me when i say, you're not gonna wanna "show off" your install. proceed with caution...

abe m.

Well ****. Now you have me a bit scared indeed. However, if they do happen to foul something up like that, you can believe I will be on them day and night. Perhaps I will photograph the finished product and post it, and you can give me an opinion on the job. I definently am not one to let companies like BestBuy take advantage of me, however, if I mess something up myself I am very screwed in the highest way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.