Legatia L3 with PICS!!

alteraudiousa
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well, I got my L3's today and installed them in the kicks. I will give a very small review today on them and explain some stuff about them.

They are 3in drivers with a good frequency range from 150hz to 10khz. Wide range and small driver that can do IB. I have mine sealed in a kick panel. Right now i've done a sine sweep on it from 20-20khz. The driver was hooked to a CDT SATNet 480 crossover so it only played to about 5khz or so. Driver didn't like anything below 120hz not saying it won't play it but it wasn't liking it from some of the sounds. It really excelled in the 800-4khz range which it really liked which means instruments and vocals are nice and clear. Mixed really well with the drt-25 tweet.

As for the driver itself. Quite small as its 3in and moutning depth is only 2in. IB makes it quite easy to throw almost anywhere you can think of. Ideas have already been running through my head for different setups. My first setup would be the one I have with two 6.75s in the doors, the L3 in the kick alongside the tweet. My other setup i may do to interchange the two is 2 sets of L3s in the doors and an 8in driver next to them. But who knows.

O as a last note, installation of the drivers will play a significant part in the overall sound of the drivers, as install is important with any install. I have found a slight imaging problem with the drivers kick which makes it hard to time alignment due to the drivers placement it shoots more towards my legs. Easy fix but something to note on. The nice thing though is this driver is such a unique size that it allows you to consider many places like high on the door, A-pillars, in the dash(nice for Jeeps and trucks)and even places like the BMWs with the Harmon Karmon setups. So let the possibilites begin. I will be doing more testing tomorrow and will give you more critical listening reviews of the drivers. Sorry no graphs cause one, I can't get one, and two I prefer to tell you how it sounds. O and here's the pics
2234573_24.jpg

2234573_25.jpg

2234573_26.jpg

Thanks for your comments. Looking foward to your additional impressions.

I have a pair for my truck, just need to get busy making the dash pods.

Interesting, where can I pick up a set of these, and how much do they run? Also, what type of power handling can these things take?

the install will play an important part to these drivers. They would work well for a center channel with their high frequency range. Put them with a tweet and have the L3 play from about 150hz-6khz and the tweet up to 20khz and should be nice. I hope to be selling these soon and I have discussed a forum group buy which I hoe to get started around the end of the month after reviewing. I will try and get some pics of these installed soon, its a very temp setup as I can't decided whether I want them in the kicks or the doors and if i'm going to make my doors hold a Legatia 8in driver, who knows. Maybe I need to talk to him tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.