Looking to put a sub system in my '08 Mercedes C300

sanderstud

Hi! I'm looking to put a sub system in my Benz. I've used kicker before and was thoroughly pleased, I have also used Fosgate P2D2's on a 1200 watt Fosgate amp. Plus, Kicker is based out of my hometown, Stillwater OK //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I was looking at these subs and amp:

Kicker CompVX 12in @2ohm

KICKER | CompVX 12" 2Ω

Kicker KX1600.1 amp @2ohm

KICKER | KX1600.1 Amplifier

OR

Kicker DXA1500.1 amp @2ohm

KICKER | DXA1500.1 Amplifier

Which amp would you go with? I imagine that a capacitor would be necessary either way, correct? Also, I haven't put much thought into as box. Should I get a custom box, or get a premade? Ported or sealed?

I'm hoping to get a little more bump than my former Fosgate system, let me know what you think. Open to any suggestions as I'm not the most informed on sound systems. Also, if I have broken any rules/guidelines or posted this in the wrong section, feel free to correct me!

Your in the right place here. Now. Kicker isn't as good as you think anymore. There are better for your money. Also if your looking for bump ported is the way to custom no prefab. Also no cap. Big 3 instead is better. Anyway. A budget will help with suggestions and are you using the stock deck ? Or no I can give you a list of what you need , and prices if need be

Yes, stock deck. I have around $1,000 saved up to spend right now, so that my range. I have heard that vented boxes give you a ton of deep bass, but sealed boxes give you more of a highs and lows mix, which I think is more of what I'm looking for. I've always went with sealed, so I am not even exactly sure what a vented sounds like. What other brands would you suggest other than Kicker? Also, I forgot to mention earlier that I was going to run 2 subs off of the amp. I'm open to your suggestions. I like nice deep bass that you can feel, but I also like nice highs-mids.

Well mid bass comes from the doors not subs if your getting mid bass from the subs. Then your tuned wrong. Anyway a nice ported bix can give you the sound you want. Any way what kind of power are you trying to run ? Are you planning on adding an extra battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.