Loud Bass

Suhvas2001
10+ year member

Hey guys I have a 2001 Expedition right now I am pushing 1--12'solo baric L7 in a sealed box with an MTX 8100D amp. I have noticed that from inside truck it hits hard I mean not like CRAZY but its hard, But i want it so when i stand outside the truck you can hear the bass, Also with the windows open and I noticed as of right now if your head is not inside the truck u dont hear the bass.

DO i need a bigger box? Do i need bigger amp? DO i need another speaker? I am planning on doing box soon someone please help me.

thanx

Savas

I really don't have experience on this but I think a lot of people will say go with a ported box for some hard-hitting bass....

What about the idea of 2 Solo baric L7 's insead of 1?
now your talkin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif actually bandpass will give you the most bass .... will is sound shitty .... sure. next step would be going ported, only thing you lose there is bass thats far fromt he tune. lastly is sealed. i just dont like the backwave sound of sealed boxes but depending on space you can make subs give ear bleeding lows *larger sealed somewhat compared to a low tunes ported box, or really punchy bass somewhat replicated by a highly tuned ported box.

depends on what songs you want to "hit" in your car. still fly has a VERY high tune .... except for that one part that nearly rattled my truck cab to peices, bone thugs has quite a bit of mildly tuned bass, lil jon and ying yang twins .... well i can barely hear after listening to massive impulses of air being moved at only ~25 times a second //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE. Don't be an *******, the sound in your car is for YOU IN YOUR CAR. Don't be rude to other around you that don't want to hear that ****. Bump responsibly, it's people like that who end up making sound ordinances even stricter, and causing trouble. Enjoy your OWN sound, and keep it to yourself...peace

NG

Listen to them ported is alot better. What ported does is make the sound waves carry farther which makes it louder inside and out. Make sure you build or buy the right CF so it will sound at its best.

Well its not to be an ******* i was just giving an example that from outside u dont here the bass at all meaning it must not be the loud after all because if it was even alittle loud u would here the bass when u stand outside the door of the truck, but like i said u cant here no bass unless u get IN TRUCK. its nice but i want it to be louder thats why i was asking what could make it louder, its not that i want to be herd from a block away.

thanx

THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE. Don't be an *******, the sound in your car is for YOU IN YOUR CAR. Don't be rude to other around you that don't want to hear that ****. Bump responsibly, it's people like that who end up making sound ordinances even stricter, and causing trouble. Enjoy your OWN sound, and keep it to yourself...peace
NG
AGREED!!!

Honestly, if you want louder bass, then just say that you want louder bass. Not I can't hear it from outside so how do I make it louder. That gives people the wrong impression.

A 3cu' box tuned to about 28Hz-30Hz should fix the problem.

try facing the subs different ways for the different way the wavs travel out the window, but remember only be herd by those who want to hear you.

AGREED!!!
Honestly, if you want louder bass, then just say that you want louder bass. Not I can't hear it from outside so how do I make it louder. That gives people the wrong impression.

A 3cu' box tuned to about 28Hz-30Hz should fix the problem.

true...if u would've sed exactly that u just wanted it louder would've been easy to answer. but yeah...DEFINITELY go ported. above box would work well. good luck, peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.