Magnum D2 15" enclosure

B_Master_Flash
10+ year member

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just wondering what all you out there who have a Magnum D2 15 reserved are making for your enclosure. I am going to have a 30"x20"x17" (about 4.5 cu.ft.) MDF box w/ a round port tuned to 29 hz (about 4.5" wide, 8" long). Anyone else have anything much different, or is this about the accepted size/tune?

I am building a box, started today, and this is my first one. It is 34 wide, 18 tall, 18 wide tuned approx 29hz, and 4.5cuft.

Being my first box this is coming along slowly. Got Home Dpot to do all the cuts except the sub cutout. And putting this thing together is a little more difficult than I thought. It is not going to be perfect but hope it sounds good. I am going to be getting another box built soon that will house two 15 D2s. This one is just for 1.

props to you. i wouldnt even try putting in all those manhours, i can only imagine with the bracing and stuff, it's not just a simple box...i guess thats why im gonna go with gnome. post pics when youre done

I will probably end up ordering one from gnome after all said and done. Just wanted to see what I could do. I have not started to brace it yet. any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.