MAGNUM d2 15" vs resonant enineering XXX 15"

yeah forsure, both are very very nice subs i also preordered a mag d2 =) **** march 10th cant wait =P

yeah but one has to be better than the other right? im helping a friend pick a system xxx or mag? i dont want to say mag b/c i dont want to tell him to get it just b/c i got one, i want to know what is a better buy, thanks =)

They are different drivers, each one will have certain aspects that are "better" than the other. Both have their strengths (although neither really has a definitive weakness to speak of). The fact that a very select few people have heard a 15" Mag makes this question moot anyway. However, the 15" Mag will sound virtually identicle to the 12" version with a beefier low end. The transients remain the same (virtually) and the uniqueness of the sound is unchanged. For my personal listening tastes, I would take the Magnum.

i ordered mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

that would definently be the mag its about 100 dollars cheaper
it ends up being a lot cheaper than just 100 when you figure that a 15'' XXX is going to need a bigger amp (usually more money), a new electrical system (more money), and a bigger box (more money). the mag just seems logical to me.

it ends up being a lot cheaper than just 100 when you figure that a 15'' XXX is going to need a bigger amp (usually more money), a new electrical system (more money), and a bigger box (more money). the mag just seems logical to me.
No, no, and no. Try again.

If your going to point of the positives of subs, even though the ones you list really aren't true, do it for both sides..

XXX has xbl^2.....lower distortion

There are different coils available for the xxx, where as if im not mistaken the D2 comes in Dual 2 ohm only.

XXX has already set a reputation for itself, where as the D2 is just coming into the market

XXX has a larger displacement

sure there's more as well..

No, no, and no. Try again.

snova how do you figure that i'm wrong? the mag is cheaper in every aspect. you can't really argue that. if you are looking to buy an amp for the magnum (we'll say 12'') then all you need is 600 watts, whereas the XXX needs at least double if not more than that amount. now as soon as you find a company that sells an amp that produces 600W x 1 @ 1 ohm that's less than the same model/series that produces 1200W x 1 @ 1 ohm then i guess i'll be wrong, but not until then. now 1200 watts may be enough for the XXX, but it's probably best to go with 1500+ watts to get the best out of your sub. so after take that into consideration, you will then need a new alternator unless you have one hell of a stock alt. after all that being said, the mag is cheaper #1 - when you buy it. #2 - when looking for an amp. #3 - electrical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.