Mb Quart QM 160.03 KX - HELP

ckempf

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a pair of Mb Quart QM 160.03 KX and I was wondering if you had any information on these drivers? Roll-off, specs, etc. I held on to these over the years, but lost the original box and documentation years ago, somewhere between multiple moves. I plan to put them in my current car and am adding a Helix DSP to my install from back in the 90s. I'd like to get these set up as clean as possible. Pics would be fantastic if available. Information on these drivers seems to be nearly impossible to find. I'm hoping someone on here had them in the past, may know someone who knows someone, or picked up a pair and has them sitting in a box on the shelf in the garage. I appreciate any assistance you can offer!

No need to know this if you're using a DSP to cross everything. It's a two way, start them at 2.5 24db go upto 4k and go according to your taste. Both that 6" and the tweeter have the ability to play between 2.5 and 3.5k. They are metal domes, start at 3k (3.5k - 4k if it was me) and see how it sounds. I think the Quarts ight have been crossed, 012db at 4k, that is a guess from past use.

Last edited:
No need to know this if you're using a DSP to cross everything. It's a two way, start them at 2.5 24db go upto 4k and go according to your taste. Both that 6" and the tweeter have the ability to play between 2.5 and 3.5k. They are metal domes, start at 3k (3.5k - 4k if it was me) and see how it sounds. I think the Quarts ight have been crossed, 012db at 4k, that is a guess from past use.
Thank you for the advice Doxquzme!

Thank you for the suggestions. I'd like to set up the driver with a bandpass filter. I'm not sure how low these drivers are stated to go.

I would follow what is above. From memory the passive was 12db at 3.5 I think.
I believe you are correct on the 3.5. I found that on another thread as well. Still trying to find what the lowest frequency the drivers were rated for. I vaguely remember 90 or 95db, but I was hoping someone could give me the actual frequency range to get that answer. I appreciate your input!

Thank you for the suggestions. I'd like to set up the driver with a bandpass filter. I'm not sure how low these drivers are stated to go.
Still trying to find what the lowest frequency the drivers were rated for. I vaguely remember 90 or 95db, but I was hoping someone could give me the actual frequency range to get that answer. I appreciate your input!

??? Db is a rating for the effective output any given input, not frequency range.
If you want to create a bandpass for the 6.5, figure 60-65hz is the lowest, likely better at 80 or where it picks up from the subwoofer. You can accomplish this in the DSP software, usually. If you have the option to set it on that drivers channel amp setting, you could set the amps HP at around 60-80hz and then when you set the top end on the DSP software you can use that 2.5 to 4k as the range to set the top end on the midbass driver. The tweeter will use the corresponding frequency as it's staring point, 3-3.5k would be my guess. No need to actually know what the fs of the drivers are, 6.5"/1" comps are pretty common and fall within the parameters given to you here.

Thank you both for your replies. I finally found the original specs. Someone was selling a pair of these several years ago overseas and they included pics of the box art in their ad. I hope this will help someone else looking for the specs on this speaker:

QUART MOBIL 160 .03 KX
1721422862452.png

Technical Data:

• 6.5 inch High-End Mid/Woofer
  • 0.75 inch Titantium dome Tweeter
  • Power Handling: 60-130 W
  • Impedance: 4 ohm
  • Frequency Response: 40-32000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 2.5 W / 90 dB

Includes:

• Tweeter: QM 19 NX
  • Mid/Woofer: QM 160S