Mixing speaker resistances

Participant count
  • Participant list

savage388

After I blew my budget on my hu I could only temporarily replace my front door speakers in my blazer with some alpine coaxial's ( ill be moving the fronts to the rear doors when I get a nice set of components). Will it damage my hu when played like this since the rear speakers are 9.5ohm. I don't care about performance right now because it's only temporary but I just don't want to ruin my new head unit.

no, it would potentially damage the headunit if the measured impedance was below 2.8 per channel.
Okay thanks, my limited knowledge of ohms law says if they're on different channels it should be fine above 3 ohm on the head unit but reading stupid people on the internet had me less confident in myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.